Local Development Plans
Click on each district to view the relevant information for that area.
The LDP is a statement of the respective Council’s policies at strategic and local level for the development of land within their District for the next 15 years. While each plan is expected to take a number of years to finalise, the preparation process is beginning to gather pace across all Councils.
The Councils first publish a ‘Preferred Options Paper’ (POP) which sets out broad issues and ideas for development and provides the basis for consulting with the public and stakeholders.
This new approach is specifically tailored towards early engagement and it is therefore vital that interested parties get involved at the earliest opportunity.
Strategic Planning has considerable experience in representing clients at Local Plans and we would be delighted to speak to you about your land interests and advise how these might be taken forward through the LDP process.
For more information about LDPs read this article.
Local Development Plan Process
Preferred Options Papers
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council - consultation ended on 28th November 2016
- Mid Ulster District Council - consultation ended on 27th January 2017
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council - consultation ended on 12th April 2017)
- Belfast City Council - consultation ended on 20th April 2017
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council - consultation ended on 25th May 2017
- Derry City and Strabane District Council - consultation ending on 22nd August 2017
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council - consultation ending on 6th September 2017