JCDecaux Ireland - Advertising
Location: Various sites across Northern Ireland
Client: JCDecaux Ireland
Type: Outdoor advertising
Case Study Description
JCDecaux is one of the world’s leading providers of outdoor advertising services. It has engaged Strategic Planning over a number of years to manage a large number of planning applications for key sites in towns and cities across Northern Ireland. Advances in technology for the provision of outdoor advertising have created many new and exciting opportunities for illuminated and digital advertising.
Projects have included:
- Two large modern illuminated advertisements beside Central Station in Belfast
- A large illuminated sign at Laganside bus station in Central Belfast
- Roadside advertisements at Portrush, Co. Antrim
(Please note we did not secure the permission for the site pictured above – it’s a JCDecaux site just across the road from Central Station in Belfast and we thought it was a very nice photo!)
- Dealing with sensitive sites on busy arterial routes
- Leading detailed pre-application discussions
- Resolving visual impact concerns; addressing objections; re-assuring Road Service regarding potential impact on traffic
Strategic Planning Involvement
Strategic Planning has managed planning applications for JCDecaux from initial advice on site design, to pre-application discussions with DoE and DRD officials through to formal planning approvals.
Where required, Strategic Planning’s stakeholder engagement team has also consulted with elected representatives and relevant non-statutory consultees to seek their support for the projects and address any potential concerns.